This is a simple tool that can be used to help build resiliency and strength in the fingers. Check out the following video and bulleted points to ensure you’re maximizing benefits and minimizing risks!
- Place the silicone ring on all 5 fingers.
- Next, rest your forearm on a bench.
- As you begin the exercise, emphasize a controlled but quick opening of the hand/fingers, while slow and controlled eccentric phase.
- The slow return to starting position is the key part of the exercise for strength building.
- Complete 8-12 repetitions on each hand.
As a simple tool and exercise, this can be used by those who are looking for additional hand and finger strengthening work, such as those in climbing sports, or those rehabilitating hand/finger injuries.